"Bianca F1" the Squash F1 HybridRegular price $39.50
- Fresh markets
- Home gardens
Micronutrient content is where Bianca F1 truly shines. This Squash F1 Hybrid exceeds USDA values for a number of beneficial micronutrients, including:
- 7x more vitamin A
- 2.3x more vitamin K
- 1.9x more methionine
- 1.5x more folate
- 1.3x more dietary fiber
- 1.2x more calcium & potassium
- 1.12x more serine
HOW BIANCA F1'S MICRONUTRIENT CONTENT CONTRIBUTES TO CONSUMER HEALTH
- Vitamin A promotes healthy vision, cell division, growth, reproduction, and immunity, as stated by Mayo Clinic.
- Vitamin K helps make bones healthy and strong, which you can read more about in this report from NCBI.
- Methionine is an essential amino acid that serves as a building block for proteins and other compounds in the body. According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, methionine is associated with the following benefits (though more research is needed):
- Protection from ionizing radiation damage
- Detoxification of harmful substances in the body
- Prevention of liver damage from acetaminophen poisoning
- Prevention of fatty deposits in the liver
- Ease of fatigue
- Reduced risk of early balding
- Possible treatment for osteoporosis
- Folate is a naturally present B vitamin found in Bianca F1. According to the National Institutes of Health, folate has been found to play a role in lowering the risk of several diseases and disorders, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD), cancer, heart disease, stroke, dementia, Alzheimer's disease, depression, and more.
- Dietary Fiber: The CDC’s National Diabetes Statistics Report, 2020 states that 1 in 3 American adults have prediabetes and just over 1 in 10 Americans have diabetes. Bianca F1's fiber content helps promote a feeling of fullness for longer, which may help diabetic and pre-diabetic individuals reduce their carbohydrate intake— stabilizing blood sugar levels and increasing insulin sensitivity as a result.
- Calcium works to repair and strengthen bones, as well as improve bone mass, [according to Michigan State University](https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/tomatoes_provide_many_health_benefits#:~:text=Strong bones – the vitamin K,tomatoes can reduce cell damage.).
- Potassium is vital for the proper functioning of bodily cells. Potassium regulates our heartbeats, ensures our muscles and nerves are working as they should, and plays an important role in metabolizing carbohydrates and synthesizing proteins. According to Harvard Health Publishing, high-potassium diets help regulate blood pressure and have been associated with a lower incidence of stroke.
- Serine is an amino acid that promotes good physical and mental health. A report supplied by the National Library of Medicine states that serine helps promote proper functioning of the brain and central nervous system, and is necessary to produce tryptophan— which is an essential amino acid used to make serotonin.
Additional health benefits of Bianca F1:
- Heart health: Bianca F1 is packed with carotenoids— a type of antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals and oxidative stress. Research also suggests that carotenoids protect against heart disease.
- Healthy, radiant skin: In addition to supporting a healthy heart, carotenoids are said to protect the skin from pollutants and the sun's harmful UV rays, which may help slow skin aging.
Bianca F1 is our gourd-geous squash F1 hybrid grey zucchini/vert d’Alger type with a thick, blocky body that tapers towards the shoulder and averages 12 cm in length.
Bianca F1 boasts a compact bush, a pale green exterior with desirable flecks, and a greenish-white fruit that tastes slightly bitter, slightly sweet, with a rich, tender feel.
Bianca F1 is widely adapted to North Africa, Mexico, and M.E. markets. Tolerant to the zucchini yellow mosaic virus (ZYMV), Bianca F1's yields never deviate from plenty, and the quality of this F1 hybrid zucchini fruit reigns supreme.
- Fresh markets
- Home gardens
- Grey zucchini/vert d’Alger type variety
- Blocky fruit with a slight taper towards the shoulder
- Greenish white interior, pale green exterior with flecks
- Size averages 12 cm in length
- Compact bush plant
- Micronutrient-dense squash F1 hybrid seeds
- Widely adapted to Mexico, North Africa, and M.E. markets.
- Expected 95% germination of yields